School departments or individual teachers can request funds from the PTA by submitting a bid. This details how much they are requesting, what it is to be spent on and which classes/years will benefit. The bids are discussed by the PTA and a decision made by the group.
Health & Wellbeing sessions for S5/6 and S2 pupils. – Total spend £800
- £150 Materials for healthy eating
- £100 Sports instructor
- £100 Water for PE activity
- £250 Yoga instructor
- £100 Ingredients for smoothie bike & blenders
- £50 Art materials for art therapy
- £50 Materials for meditation/mindfulness
Bounce Back Day for S1 – Total spend £300
- Food order for Health Food Technology
- Sweets and toothpicks for Science
- Bouncy Men
- Laminated pouches for resources
Prizegiving Trophies – Total spend £900
- 3 additional trophies were purchased as the existing ones had no more room to engrave prizewinner names on.
Pupil contemplation area – Total donation £1000
- This is an outdoor area being designed with input from pupils and being built within the school for quiet reflection, contemplation and remembrance.
Virtual Reality Goggles – Total spend £1050
- The VR goggles are used by ever year group during science classes.
Cameras for the Art Department.- Total spend £1675
- New cameras have resulted in more students having access to the equipment during classes and in after school clubs. Some of their work was on show at parents night and the standard is impressive.
S1/S2 Science Fair – Total spend £250
- This is an annual event funded by the PTA.
S1 Folders – Total spend £595
- Every new S1 pupil is given a folder at the start of a school year.
Health & Wellbeing sessions for S5/6 and S2 pupils. – Total spend £500