Hello and a warm welcome back to all the to all the Children, Mums, Dads, Grans, Grandpas, Friends & Staff at Lenzie Academy. A very special hello to all the new children & parents of the school from Lenzie Academy PTA. Hope you all had a great summer.
Who We Are, What We Do, How Much We Raised & What We Bought
Lenzie Academy PTA are a very small & friendly group of parents & teachers who work hard organising fundraising events to raise much needed funds for all our children at Lenzie Academy. All the money raised from these events go directly to the school.
We had yet another brilliant year, last year, with lots of fun events. We held a Ceilidh, a Race Night, 3 Raffles, an Alternative Fundraiser, a Sponsored West Highland Way Hike and a Doughnut sale. These events along with money raised through The 500 Club & Easyfundraising raised an amazing £8887.51 altogether!!!
With this fantastic amount of money raised by you we have bought the following huge range of resources in the last year, enhancing our children’s education & experiences at school :
- PE Department – £306 for Awards & £1000 donation towards the Breakfast Club, Football Academy & Dance Academy
- £400 – S2 Science Fair
- £500 – S1 Bounce back day
- Health Food & Technology Department – £880.80 for Chef Equipment
- Design Technology & Computing Department – £250 for Equipment
- Support for pupils – £376 for Books and Arts & Crafts Equipment
- Geography – £434 for Field Work Equipment
- Trophies & Engraving – £330
- Library – £214.72 for Books
- Art & Design Department – £255 for Equipment
- Folders for New S1 Pupils – £600
That equates to a grand total of £5,546.52 spent last year alone.Hopefully, with your help, we will be able buy even more great resources this school year. There are quite a few things we already would like to buy. We will keep you posted…
How You Can Help
WE NEED YOU to help us. You can do this in many different ways; come along to a meeting, send in ideas, be an event helper, make a donation and come to as many of our events as possible. We will send out requests for help, events & meeting notices throughout the year. We know that you can’t help every time but if everyone helps a little bit we can make such a difference to all our children. Just do what you can.
PTA Contact Details
You can keep up to date with what the PTA are up to, events, meetings, fundraising, information & what is going on in & around the school in a number of different ways :
- Website – www.lenzieacademypta.org.uk (you’re already here so you know about this!)
- Facebook – Please like Lenzie Academy PTA on Facebook
- Twitter – Follow us on Twitter @PTA_LenzieAcad
- Group Call Emails – PTA email notices circulated via Group Call from the school.
- Email – You can also contact us at any time via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with fundraising ideas, feedback or questions.